Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Why do I still live ?



Yesterday at Yonge and Dundas I was struggling to keep a straight face as there are a lot of people and they are very intoxicated. I had been there 15 minutes and had already been called things and seen some crazy people include a man with a snake around his neck. In this craziness I saw a girl go by who didn’t stop at first but then she turned around and came back to ask me what I had. Inspired by her desire to check what we had I started to show her the chant and be happy and she was very appreciative. She gave a donation for the book but I kept talking to probe a little deeper. She looked really young so I asked her if she had any idea what stress is. She answered in affirmative so I further probed what she wanted to do with her life. She said she wanted to be a cop and get drugs off the street. So I asked her how is it that she is 19 and yet so clean and focussed. I inquired if it was her parents who inspired her and she said no it was quiet the opposite. I insisted I wanted to know what is behind the pretty young face and then she showed me her wrist. I could see she had dried to slit it open several times and by the wounds one could tell they were recent marks. Then she started to narrate her horrifying experiences with a smile and she could not have been older than 16/17 when going through all this – I was simply in shock. As she told me she could read any amount – I handed her a Bhagavad gita and showed her the reincarnation picture. As I explained the picture and told her she needs to know who she is – she turned around and said I really need to figure out who I am and what my purpose in life is. She gave a donation for the Gita and promised to read it and come visit us. Last night she texted me that she would read it but I do not know if she will. Please give her blessings so she can make progress – I cannot imagine how such a little girl goes through so much. She was 19 with a broken relationship and parents who did not support her and she was living alone in this world – until now that she has Lord Chaitanya with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment