Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Monday, August 15, 2011

An enthusiastic student

I was outside the University of Toronto farmer's market on Thursday afternoon and there were a lot of students in the area. That’s when I met a young and energetic University student and she was enthusiastically checking out the Bhagavad Gita. She told me she had seen me near Carlton Street talking to people before and I explained how I lived in the area. As we talked we found out that we were actually neighbors. She looked very interested in the pictures and intrigued by the philosophy. It also turned out that she was starting a job at the Multifaith centre in September where we generally hold our club activities. It also turned out that she coordinates the farmers market and we were looking to serve food out in the area for students on Thursdays - there were too many things in common. She said she would read the books and keep in touch and we can only pray that it actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment