Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sacred activism 2 years later



This Saturday enjoying Sankirtan in Kensington with enlivening sankirtan devotees I met a lady. She was going into the Cheese shop and stopped to speak with me. I asked her if she had heard re Yoga and meditation and she told me she was a yoga teacher. I asked her what kinds and she said she taught hot yoga - i didn’t think much of it but quickly showed her the Bhagavad gita explaining how as a yoga teacher she can use it for her classes. She appreciated the Sanskrit and the translations. Then, as I was out of Bhakti Lounge cards, I pulled out an old Inspirit card that had a picture of Devamrita Swami and told her to use the website on the card. To my greatest surprise the lady said she knew the Swami as he had been to their studio. I still could not connect the dots but as conversation continued I realized she was referring to the 'Sacred Activism' event at Moksha yoga about 2 years ago. It was a 6 hour event and people were dancing and chanting towards the end. However even though there were 70+ people in the room we were discussing that day how to pep up people to get the Bhagavad gita. Little do we know how Krishna's plan works - 2 years later this lady recognized us from an old card I was not supposed to have and got a Bhagavad gita.

No comments:

Post a Comment