Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Monday, August 15, 2011

Let's get to know each other

I had been seeing this man for a few weeks now. Each week he would come out of the University building with a group of his friends and each week I would wave at him asking if he was interested in Prabhupada's books and he would just smile me by. So this week when I saw him I decided not to bother him anymore, I simply smiled and did not say a word. He walked a few steps with his friends and then he turned back, walked up to me and asked me what these books I had were. I was shocked but sure this had nothing to do with me.

So I showed him the Perfection of yoga but his eyes fell on the Gita that I was holding. He told me he had read it already and I was really surprised. I then showed him the Krishna book saying if you have read the Gita you must read about Krishna. He deeply admired the pictures and the explanations and agreed to take the Krishna book. I was remembering how I have heard in a lecture by Devamrita Swami that if we simply stay in an area for a while and even though someone is initially not receptive, eventually they will come around. We are making clear to them, we are here to stay and you are here to stay - so let's get to know each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment