Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Sunday, August 7, 2011

The revolution within

I met a young man at University of Toronto. His hair had several braids and his skin had cuts – it looked like he was under the influence. I also noticed wounds on his arms and I didn’t think he would take a book. Krishna proved me wrong and this man took a book and I asked him if he could join us at our centre tonight for a special event with a travelling Swami. He said he would but I did not think he would. Then around 10 minutes before the event he called me that evening as he could not find our place. I started to give him directions and he went from one location to the other for over an hour trying to find us. Finally he arrived almost close to the end but he was surprisingly calm. He went and sat in the front and started to listen. He had several questions and was very revolutionary in his approach. He could see the emptiness of the material life but did not have a constructive way out. He sat next to Maharaj until 10 pm asking a series of question that Maharaj patiently answered. Then he got up towards the end and left. Later next morning he sent me this text “I have decided I like all of you a lot. Next Friday the Swami is in?? I will make sure I check the net next time so I don’t get lost. Thanks”

No comments:

Post a Comment