Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Penny Power


Submitted by : Bhakta Sam
The best example of a surprise donation came with a mother and young son in Kensington market. The two of them had stopped to talk to me as I was giving out books on the street and the mother was interested in learning more about yoga, as I had explained that the Perfection of Yoga book was about the spiritual roots of yoga practice. She had no change on her at all, but her young son of about 8 years of age piped up with "I have only ONE penny!" and held it out in his hand. I couldn't help but laugh and said replied that "yes, that'll do fine". I had already received some larger donations and was more than happy to give a book for the penny, especially because I wanted to reward the boy for his spontaneous service to the sankirtana movement. Even though he probably had no idea what he was supporting, I still found it so nice to see that spontaneous appreciation for spiritual literature from such a young person!

No comments:

Post a Comment