Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Monday, August 29, 2011

Prashadam at music festivals

I met a young boy at University of Toronto and at first he was simply walking away, but then he started to talk. He looked at the Chant and be happy and exclaimed how he was from Liverpool and a big fan of Beatles. As he saw Srila Prabhupada picture he started to understand that we were Hare Krishnas. He got all excited and showed me the bracelets he was wearing from all the music festivals he attended. He told me the Hare Krishnas were at every music festival he attended in his country and he always ate our food and gave a donation. So I encouraged him to take a book but he had no laxmi. At first I told him cant give you the book for free but later as he was going away I remembered how appreciative he was of our philosophy and prashad, and how he mentioned he was looking for us. So I gave him a book. He told me he was 18 and starting his Engineering degree at UofT this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment