Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Design or coincidence

I was walking back towards the street car and hoping to get to Bhakti lounge in time for the special event with BB Bhagvat Swami but both Rashmi and I were stopping everyone and giving out fliers as we walked. Going down the street I met a young man and started to show him the flier and he showed me the same flier in his hands. His friend had met me some time ago and taken a flier from me that he gave to this guy. While his friend did not take a book, he was very interested. He appreciated the Sanskrit and the philosophy and readily took a book giving a small donation. He said he would talk to his friend and try to come but I did not have much hope. To my great surprise, less than 2 hours later they were both a Bhakti Lounge and sat with us listening intently near Maharaj's feet until 10 PM (2 hours after the event was over) they seemed enlivened by the conversation and said they would keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment