Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Network of sankirtan army


I was at Kensington for Sankirtan this Saturday but a series of events, completely unplanned, resulted in me reaching Bloor and Spadina for Sankirtan. As soon as I reached there I ran into a young couple who were just passing through the intersection. As I showed them Srila Prabhuapda's books, they recognised him and explained that they were from Ottawa. I told them we have a centre in Ottawa and they told me they were regular visitors to the Govindas. I told them I knew Shankar Prabhu and they said they did too and really loved the food. Their appreciation for Prashad and prabhu perhaps got them the bonus points needed to come in touch with Srila Prabhupada's books so they ended up taking books and saying they would read it.
My realisation was that we may think that here we are standing all alone doing sankirtan but that is a very limited and tiny vision. If you look at the big picture, there is a network of Sankirtan army all through the universe and we are never alone on Sankirtan. Very kindly Srila Prabhupada has given us all a spot here in Toronto, we just have to be there at the spot to recieve the people he sends our way to pick these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment