Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Monday, May 16, 2011

A coordinated effort

A few days ago I got a call from Justin and he wanted to know about Bhagavad Gita classes. While explaining the details to him, I inquired how he heard about us and he said he had met someone a few months ago near finch and got a book. I told him it was me and after a brief chat he said he would come this week. As promised he came for Krishna fest and joined us for kirtan. After the kirtan I asked him how he felt. To my great surprise he said he had heard some men in robes do this before. Now he had my full attention and I started to inquire re details. Turns out when visiting Vancouver he had seen a bunch of devotees on harinam and been attracted to their chanting. We had a good discussion through the class and then after lunch I went up to him and requested him to share with me why he took the book. He explained to me that I met him at a time when he was very seriously thinking about the questions of life and then one day I just 'materialized out of ether'. He went on the explain that I was saying some stuff but he didn’t understand or register anything except two words 'Bhagavad Gita' and 'Veda'. The word 'Bhagavad Gita' got his attention as he had in past explored an online version of it. So he ended up taking the Perfection of yoga and the Chant and be happy. He works as a software engineer and is very intrigued by Srila Prabhupada's Bhagavad gita and plans to get it this Friday.
This experience made me realize that Sankirtan is not a one man show. Many devotees and many many gallons of blood go into getting one person curious about Krishna. This journey traverses planets, universes, lifetimes, cities and what not. We are never alone on Sankirtan as Srila Prabhupada is internationally coordinating this effort in some inconceivable vision. Only reason we think we are alone is due to our limited vision and material consciousness. We can’t see beyond 100 meters so we think we are alone. Just like someone thinks as I can’t see God - he doesn't exist. Sankirtan yagya is meant to transform our senses beyond the limited horizons of material eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment