Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Thursday, May 5, 2011

I remember


Two ladies were trying to cross the street at Avenue and Bloor when I waved and tried to stop them. As I reached out to them with a perfection of yoga and bhakti yoga each, one of them looked at the Bhagavad gita in my hand and exclaimed that she was looking for it as her friend had mentioned about it to her. So I opened the Bhagavad gita and started to show them. As I showed the picture of reincarnation the other lady started to say that she knew this picture, she had been seeing it from her childhood days. She told me she didn’t know what it means but since she was little, her mom in Russia used to show her this picture. Then as I turned the pages she saw the picture of Krishna and Arjuna on the chariot and she started to say she knew that one too – it was like her memories were flashing in front of her eyes. I could see pretty clearly the effect of association of Srila Prabhupada’s books. They both ended up taking two books each and gave their emails with nice donations. I am wondering how through the change of bodies from childhood, to youth to middle age one remembers a picture that they don’t even know the meaning of – surely there is some special power there.

No comments:

Post a Comment