Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

And we meet 10 years later


Right outside Urbanedgeyoga I met this guy who was with his friend and initially not ready to stop at all. But then his eye caught the perfection of yoga and he instantly remembered that in 1992 he had met a mataji distributing books and he had got a Bhagavad Gita from her. He told me she was also very enthusiastic about it. I asked him to take the Perfection of yoga and he gave me a donation without my asking for it. Then he started asking me about the nectar of Instruction I was holding and I explained the mantras and the explanation along with the picture of Radha Kunda. So then he decided to take that book and gave more donations so I probed deeper. Turns out that he had read the Bhagavad-Gita and then over the years even though he had sealed it in bubble wrap it had disintegrated. Now I started to show him the Laws of Karma and as he was taking his 3rd book his friend started to feel the pressure and said – I also want a book. So I gave her a Bhakti yoga and she gave a donation. Then she started to explain that she was a meditation coach and got interested in the Karma book I was showing her friend so she took one too. I thought I might as well show them the Maha Mantra – I tried to make them repeat it and the guy instantly remembered it and started to dance and sing Hare Krishna. He started to explain how he had seen Hare Krishnas before but was concerned and asking where we were now. Then the lady started to explain that she had a yoga student who had turned into Hare Krishna. It was like these two had so many stories about having met devotees and Srila Prabhupada in various stages of their life, must be special souls. Also makes us realise how much work there is to do, Srila Prabhupada has given us more than a lifetimes reading and distributing to do. For every book we distribute to someone, there are so many more to grab.

No comments:

Post a Comment