Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Power of a flower


I crossed the street and saw that there was a little baby girl in her dad’s arms, not more than 2-3 months old and as I looked closer I noticed she was chewing a little Maha flower from the altar that we were giving out in zip-loc bags. I walked closer and started talking to the dad and it turned out that Kathleen had given them a flower. I started to tell the father that the child was not ordinary that at such a young age she had got this special flower and was literally licking it (that’s what kids do). Then I started to compliment the mother, who was not present at that moment, and offered the father a perfection of yoga to read. He started to explain that his wife was into this stuff and looking at the book he said that she had got this about an year ago from someone (before the baby was born). Now he really had my attention and I offered him a Krishna book. I started to explain the pictures and he said that he really liked the book. He explained that recently they had helped an Indian friend and subsequently met a lady who was spiritual and she was explaining to them all about Gods. So I told him how Krishna book has everything you want to know about and the beauty was that it's in a story format so he could read it to his little girl before she went to sleep. He happily accepted it and waited till his wife returned to give a donation. It was nice meeting his wife and realizing what an influence associating with Guru Parampara through perfection of yoga has on people's life.

Srila Prabhupada said that everyone who reads the Krishna book will surely become a devotee. Let us please share this with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment