Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Saturday, May 21, 2011

In search for Kali


Sun was out and about and I was trying to reach out to people with Srila Prabhupada's books when this young man walked up to me and said he was a fan of Kali and he was looking for a book on her. He wanted to know her and asked me 'Do you have a book on Kali?'. Remembering Vaisesika Prabhu's instruction that no matter what the person says, say we have a book and keep handing them out. So I said ' Yes, I have a book on Kali'. As I said this I was wondering which book was I going to give him and that's when he said if he could get that book and wanted to see it? So i told him to wait and I need to look into my bag. So I started to look into my bag with no idea what I was looking for. Then i asked him to come with me to Urbanedgeyoga so I could get him the book on Kali. And there we were walking up to Urbanedgeyoga talking about Kali and I had no idea what I was going to show him. I was simply praying to Krishna for help and as we entered Urbanedgeyoga, I asked Sam to pass me the Krishna book. As I was asking for Krishna book, I had no idea how I would connect Krishna book to Kali but I thought lets keep praying and Krishna will do something. So very bravely I opened the Krishna book and it opened right at the picture where Durga devi is seen slipping out of Kamsa's hand and in her eight arm form. Thrilled I told him, here is Kali. He was very happy and gvae me a donation for the book. As he was leaving, with Krishna book in his hand he said, I am an atheist and off he went with Krishna.

No comments:

Post a Comment