Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Krishna shakti vina nahe tara pravartana


I met a lady today during Sankirtan and she was on the older side and she wasn’t initially interested in coming for programs as she lived away from Toronto. But something in her heart inspired her to talk for a few minutes and I found out that she was interested in spirituality, so I showed her the Bhagavad gita. As she was seeing it she started to talk about Shakti and her interest in her and that’s when the book opened up at the Karma picture – and she got all excited about the three ladies in the sky (as they looked like Shakti). I told her if she liked Shakti she should take the Gita and she started to say that she herself was ‘Shakti’s incarnation’. At this point I was thinking, oh no this is one of those people, she will never take the book. So I took shelter of Srila Prabhupada and somehow got her to see Srila Prabhupada’s picture in the centre spread of Bhagavad Gita. This is when she stopped and asked me – are you Hare Krishna as she recognized Prabhupada. I said yes and her face changed – I thought perhaps now is when she backs out. But to my surprise she said she has been to the temple years ago and she really thinks this is a sign and she would definitely take the book. Then she grabbed the book and kept it next to her heart and started to cry. She was so touched by the book and promised to read it. I gave her a cookie and she was simply crying and kept saying it means a lot. Then she said today is a special day and there are signs in the heaven and earth which she can’t tell me about. I thought to myself how special are these books and how do they transform people’s lives and hearts – we cannot even imagine the magic otherwise what hope do people like us have ?

CC Antya 7.11 : kali-kalera dharma—krishna-näma-sankirtana
krishna-shakti vina nahe tära pravartana

The fundamental religious system in the Age of Kali is the chanting of the holy name of Krishna. Unless empowered by Krishna, one cannot propagate the sankirtana movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment