Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Is it just a matter of chance ?


I had just reached Kensington and started to give out cards when I met these two really interesting people. They were friends and the guy said he was really interested in Yoga and meditation and I handed them each a book. Initially I handed him a chant and be happy and her Bhagavad gita. She said it was too much for her to read and he said he really liked to read a lot so I got them to exchange the books. Then I started to show them the inside of Bhagavad gita and he simply fell for the book. Then I started to show her the chant and be happy and he started to say he was a fan of George Harrison. So he asked to get a copy of Chant and be happy and she said she wanted a Gita. This was turning into fun and then I found that they had both just purchased meditation beads and they really wanted to meditate. I told them I would give them meditation cookies and they were so excited. Turns out the girl was from Melbourne, Australia where I lived for a few years and she was leaving back for down under in a few hours. The guy had been looking for Bhagavad gita in Canada (originally from New York) and his expression was of complete disbelief and excitement. They told us they would join us for meditation later and I didn’t know. Later on in the evening as the time came to leave, I texted him asking if he wanted to connect again and they both said they were going to come back and join us. I saw them outside grocery store and they walked with us (Shyama-mohini leading Kirtan) to park where we meditated for some time chanting Hare Krishna in unison. As I was finally leaving, he told me he wasn’t going to come for meditation but I saw them outside the store and they just had to come then. He said he would come to Urbanedge and I request that we all sincerely pray that he does.

It is very amazing to witness these amazing pastimes of Lord Chaitanya and how he gets us all together at the right place with the right stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the two in this story. I met them as we walked to the park together for some kirtan. They seemed as gentle and sincere souls. He chose a lovely japa bracelet and was blessed to have Mangal-arti lead the short round of group japa with his beads in her hand.

    I also had the very nice chance to meet with another pair, Liam and his friend. It was Liam that took to the Gita, as he did donate for a hardcover copy. He, like our friend in this story, just fell for the book. He is bright, interested and kept leafing though the pictures. I was very pleased with the connection between him and Prabhupada's book.

    As I wil think of two in this story, Paris from Melbourne and he (forgot his name already) from Toronto, I will also think and pray for Liam to progress toward Krishna. - Nick B.

    ReplyDelete