Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Monday, May 16, 2011

Purity of children

Srila Prabhupada, our founder, often spoke about the purity of children and how it is so natural for them to get attracted to Krishna. On Thursday, I was out on Sankirtan with the sankirtan generals like Mangala Arati and Rasmin. A spanish lady walked passed Rasmin and I with 2 kids. I took a book to her mother - "Bhakti Yoga" - and before I could say anything, her daughter said "I want to see this book!". The mother stopped and Rasmin started to explain to her about the books. Meanwhile, the girl was still curious so the mother asked me to explain to her what is Yoga. I wasn't really sure what to do or what to say because here was a 5-6 year old girl asking me the meaning of yoga! So I asked her, does she believe in God? She said, yes and that she prays to him every night. I told her that this is yoga - to love and pray to God. She got so excited when I told her that she was a yogi! I told her to keep loving God and make him her best friend and she said, yes, I will keep loving God and forced her mother to get the book! Her mother ended up taking 4-5 books!!

I am not really sure if I said the right thing to the child but what really touched me was her natural love for God! I pray that one day, I can experience such love!

No comments:

Post a Comment