Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Monday, May 16, 2011

Mantra cookies


I was walking up Yonge Street when I met an Iranian man who was new to Canada. I showed him the Perfection of yoga and he was very interested and then asked me if this was Transcendental meditation from Maharishi. Remembering Vaisesika Prabhu technique I said – Transcendental meditation, ah you should read the Bhagavad Gita as Maharishi read it a lot. He took it right away and was very interested but told me he had no money. So my material consciousness told me perhaps I should move on, but then I remembered Dharmaprana prabhu had told me a few days ago to just preach, don’t worry about ‘sales’. So I thought I would talk to him regardless as he was very interested in meditation. I told him about our meditation programs and he started to express how he has tried to meditate but his mind wanders. I repeated Srila Prabhupada’s quote I had recently read “What does mind have to do with it. Simply chant from your tongue and hear from your ears”. Then I remembered I was carrying cookies with maha-mantra on them and gave him one and showed him the maha-mantra. He repeated it after me and I told him to go home and chant it 108 times every day. I asked him if he had even a penny, because I really wanted to give him a book. He said he had nothing but gave me his email and promised to come on Monday. So then we parted ways and I was thinking in my heart that I wish there was a way he would have taken a tiny book or else how will he come in touch with Krishna. I had walked a distance when I heard someone trying to call out to me and as I turned around I saw him running after me. He had found some money somehow and had run back all the way to get a book. He came up to me and gave me the money and asked me what was best for him. I handed him the Bhagavad-Gita and asked him to read it. He was very happy and said he will definitely come. As he got to taste some Krshna prashad, here is an email he sent me a few hours after our meeting:

To day is a great day for me, I hope that be a good student for yoga.
I share my cookie with my family and I told my wife what happen today for me.
After I gave you money, you told me “I have never seen a person like you before".
I heard this sentence a lot's of time, because I believe the sign and I believe some thing good happen for me. Thank you my teacher, you help me more than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment