Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Krishna book special mercy


I heard in a lecture that Srila Prabhupada explained that one who reads Krishna book is sure to become a devotee and I could not help but remember that it was the book I read too before meeting devotees. So I had been carrying a Krishna book with me all day thinking perhaps someone will take it but no one asked for it. My arm was hurting but I had no luck so as I was leaving I was really sad that no one took a Krishna book. I was openly complaining and sad but then I did close all the books and started to walk back towards the subway. I was still carrying a few books with me as I was walking hoping that perhaps someone will ask for Krishna book, but then the person who I was walking with needed help so I had to finally put all books in bag and close down. So I stopped in the middle of the walkway and started to put all books in a bag, really sad in my heart. That’s when this guy came up to us and he asked what we had and who were we. I started to explain to him about Urbanedgeyoga and Inspirit but he wanted to know more. He was looking for spirituality and so I presented him the Krishna book and started to show pictures. He was so enamoured, he took a cookie, chanted Hare Krihsna and took a Krishna book with him. It was so special to see how Krishna controls Sankirtan on his own sweet will and plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment