Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Friday, April 29, 2011

Subway meeting

I was in the subway and had prashad with me-then I saw this nice lady come sit near me. I know we aren't allowed to sell on the subway and I was wondering what to do. Knowing the power of these books I thought they would sell themselves :). So I placed the chant and be happy on the seat between me and her. Then slowly I kept the fliers on it and tried to look away. Within seconds she picked the flier and I immediately said hi. We started talking and I showed her the chant and be happy. She started to tell me she had just returned after 10 years in Germany where she was studying spirituality and theatre. I told her how the Beatles studied yoga with prabhupada and she happily took the book with a donation. Then she learnt to say Gauranga as she was leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment