Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Last ten cents


As I was walking up towards my home I saw this man who was completely drugged. He was worse than anyone I had ever seen, completely haunted I think. His skin was torn and patched and eyes were dark and I think he was still smoking something strange. He was standing with this very decently dressed lady and speaking and I could not quiet wrap my head around that. Anyways somehow i mustered up courage to speak to them and she looked at the Perfection of yoga and said she had already taken it from me before and read it. So i showed her the chant and be happy and she was really appreciating it but said she had no money. At this point, this drugged man started to use swear words to describe himself. I cannot repeat those words but swearing and screaming this man basically said he was messed up and his life was useless and then he said all he had to his name was 10 c and he gave me that laxmi and told me to give that girl that Chant and be happy. Who can describe the mercy of Lord Chaitanya who incarnates to specially deliver then most fallen people of the age of Kali. How merciful is the lord that even when the consciousness is so covered, that man was a walking corpse, yet the presence of these books inspired him to use his last 10 c to buy a book for someone else. Somehow or other he participated in Sankirtan. Hare Krishna.

No comments:

Post a Comment