Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Vaishnavanam yatha shambhu


I met a guy at Kensignton and he said he was a yoga teacher. He seemed like he would say he knew everything but Krishna had a plan. As I showed him the Bhagavad gita he appreciated it but said that they read about it in their Shivananda school. I had little hope but I casually asked his name and he said 'Shambu'. My response was ah Vaishnavanam Yatha Shambu. Suddenly I had his attention and he started to ask me what that meant. I translated it for him and explained how Shambu was the topmost of Vaishnavas. So then he asked me what is Vaishnava and we started to discuss that. I handed him an Isopanshad and told him this will enhance his study of Bhagavad gita. He asked me if the Iso had all details about that mantra and I said yes ! I also explained that Shambu is another name for Siva which means auspicious. He left smiling with the Iso - all glories to Lord Siva. This movement is so glorious that all demigods help with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment