Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Who is this Krishna


Today was an interesting day, powerful winds brought with them one after the other people who I had met before and they were interacting as if they were meeting a friend. Particularly interesting was this girl who had met me a few months ago and taken a perfection of yoga. Next time she met me a few weeks ago she told me both she and her husband had read the perfection of yoga and they really liked it and she found it relaxing. Then she had taken a Bhakti Yoga from me. Today we met again and she was telling me that she is reading the Bhakti Yoga and she wanted to know more about – and then she got stuck as she could not remember the name. I prompted ‘Srila Prabhuapda’, she said no. Then I prompted ‘Bhaktivedanta Swami’, she said no. Then I prompted Krishna and she said yes. I offered to show her the Krishna book which talked all about Krishna, she greatly admired the book. Then I showed her the Mahamantra and explained how to chant at home (there is a nice description in Bhakti Yoga) She was smiling and repeating the Mahamantra in great happiness and then she said she would come next Friday for the Bhagavad Gita class.

Purport Madhya 19.151 : Following in the footsteps of Närada Muni, this Krishna consciousness movement is rendering service to humanity by giving everyone a chance to come in contact with Krishna. If one is fortunate, he becomes intimately related with this movement. Then, by the grace of Krishna, one’s life becomes successful. Everyone has dormant krishna-bhakti—love for Krishna—and in the association of good devotees, that love is revealed. As stated in the Caitanya-caritamrita (Madhya 22.107):
nitya-siddha-krishn-prema ‘sädhya’ kabhu naya
sravanadi-shuddha-citte karaye udaya
Dormant devotional service to Krishna is within everyone. Simply by associating with devotees, hearing their good instructions and chanting the Hare Krishna mantra, dormant love for Krishna is awakened. In this way one acquires the seed of devotional service. Guru-krishna-prasäde päya bhakti-latä-béja [Cc. Madhya 19.151].

No comments:

Post a Comment