Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Friday, April 1, 2011

Chanting and dancing - Bhaja Gaurango kaha gauranga


Out on Sankirtan yesterday I met this young couple who were headed to blockbuster to grab a video. They were all cheerful and interested in yoga and meditation. I handed them each a little book and they were really appreciative of philosophy. At one time they started to ask re Urban-edge and I explained how we had different classes. As soon as I mentioned the vegan cooking classes the guy almost jumped and smiled a sigh of relief and asked his friend to join those. They were both laughing and told me she was a vegan and he was into yoga. They took a little book but as they were leaving I asked them if I could tell them a mantra – ‘Gauranga’ which meant ‘be happy’. Within minutes of chanting Gauranga he started to dance and said – this mantra sounds like it needs to be danced to and sung. And he smiled and danced.
Prabhupada purport to Gauranga dui pada: If one is captivated by the pastimes of Lord Caitanya, simply by chanting and dancing and eating prashada the dirty things in his heart will all become cleansed. The heart of anyone who takes to this movement of chanting, dancing, and eating Krishna-prashada will surely be cleansed of all dirty material contamination…Lord Caitanya is so nice that one who simply takes the holy name of Gaurasundara, Sri Krishna Caitanya, will immediately develop love of God.
Lord Nityananda Sings : bhaja gauranga kaha gauranga, laha gauranga namo re
ye jana gauranga bhaje, sei amara prana re

Worship Gauranga, chant Gauranga, speak about Gauranga day and night. Whoever serves Gauranga is as dear to me as my very own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment