Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Monday, April 18, 2011

Sankirtan in the snow storm

Posted by : Bhaktin Rashmin
It was Sunday, eleven o-clock am. I am waiting outside Urban Edge yoga for my sankirtan partner. Suddenly it's 11:30am. Gigantic snowflakes start to pierce the street, the wind adding some "umph" to the blizzard. It turned out that she was horribly late and my hunger was growling. I had already left for temple having waited a while, but finally got in touch with her. I hesitated to go back into the cool streets and yet something in the back of my mind told me to go. Krishna wanted me to serve Him in this way. I asked for it so He gave it!!

The taxi pulled up to the corner of Bloor and Spadina and we dived right into our glorious sankirtan. This time around, I distributed flyers for the Inspirit festival with Devamrita Swami and Bada Hari Das this coming June, as well as my vegan cookies- ginger lemon :D. I had baked and carefully packed these cookies. I felt more confident that day, enjoying the feeling of changing peoples's lives and starting their Krishna consciousness. I even got someone to chant the Maha Mantra!! Mangal Aarti said something really nice to me: that other living beings in other planets are performing this very same service of Sankirtana. It kind of blew my mind away a little because I realized that there certainly are devotees not just on planet earth but elsewhere. Far out man, far out.

No comments:

Post a Comment