Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A part of a grand orchestra

I was running out of the temple with two big plates of prashadam in my hand and I saw these 2 people walk into the temple and they looked like they had not been there before. I really wanted to talk to thm but I could not as I was really late. As I was walking out, i decided to keep a few books on top of the pile of the plates, just in case I saw someone on street and they agreed to speak with me. Going through Roxborough, I met someone and she bought a book and we talked for a few miutes. When I started to move on, i saw the same couple walk ahead of me. So i started to walk really fast (with these two heavy plates) hoping that they would see me and stop. Somehow after a few minutes I caught up with them and i said Hi! She smiled and we started talking like friends. She was inquiring about spirituality, turned out that she was from Karnal, Haryana and i remembered two days ago I had heard Srila Prabhupada say in a lecture that the Jats are actually Kshatriya race and so I repeated the exact same thing to her and she was all pleased. I told her so you are Kshatriya, a go-getter and she was all excited. I showed her the books I had and inquired about her having heard of Bhagavad gita and she said yes, she was looking for one and had found one online. I told her I had original copies and she was really excited to get a chance to read the original copy. We left exchanging emails and I realised as I was walking away that every word we hear from Srila Prabhupada in a lecture and read in a book - is a part of a beautiful orchestra. We just have to do our small parts. I also realised that I was carrying two plates of prashadam and even though it crossed my mind, I didnt have it in me to part with my plate of prashad although she would have taken it. I was contrasting it with how I was reading about Rantideva's passtimes this morning in Srimad Bhagavtam how he even offered the last drop of water he had and I cant eveb part with some prashad. I realised what a long way in Bhakti we have to go, its like we dont even have our baby teeth out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment