Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Years later we meet


This afternoon as I was trying to reach out and talk to people this very old lady was walking by me. I almost let her go and then thought I can't discriminate I should stop everyone. In this congregation of insanity I sure can't let someone go just because they are old - so I stopped her. And as soon as she saw Srila Prabhupada picture she said - he is my guru while taking the book close to heart. I was amazed and asked her where she met him. She told me years ago in her home country Venezuela she had seen a big deity of Srila Prabhupada in a temple and someone had gifted her book, ever since she was keeping Srila Prabhupada in her heart as her Guru. She said she had come to Toronto few years ago and was looking for Prabhupada since and not been able to find him but she was excited to have this book. She took nectar of instruction and asked me how much donation should she give - I told her to give what she had. First she gave me a small donation and went on. I was thinking in my heart how will this work - people are taking book but not giving donations and that's when I noticed her coming back from a distance - she told me she left but was feeling bad so she came back to give some more laxmi. it is true that Krishna is in the heart of every living entity.

Suhrdam sarva bhutanam

No comments:

Post a Comment