Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Intercontinental or Inter-galactic journey ?

I was really struggling to stand at University campus, there was no one and those who would stop were too busy. I even picked my bag; started walking towards the street car determined to find a place with more people but somehow could not get myself to leave the spot I was told to be at. So I decided to stay on and pray Krishna to send someone to engage me. That’s when I saw a thin young boy with a woollen hat - it was so hot and I could not believe anyone could walk alive with anything woollen. We started to talk and he was a travelling kid, born in Belgium and based out of Germany who had come to Toronto to discover himself a bit. I started to inquire about his family and asked him if his parents were happy. We started to talk about the Chant and be happy and he agreed to take a book. He did not have much money but he gave me what he did. He was leaving Toronto next morning and I invited him to spend his last evening in Toronto at Bhakti Lounge. He had a few places to visit but he said he would come over in the evening. I did not have much hope but to my great surprise he did turn up at Bhakti Lounge. He participated in the discussion and when we chanted Japa in the end, I asked him to describe his experience and he said ‘it was like waking up from a dream’. He was so much in awe and it was clearly visible – he kept describing how he felt like he was just waking up. Then he loved the dinner and just did not want to leave. He was only 20 years old and he told me when he was back home, he was not inspired to do anything as he could not figure out who he was and what was the purpose of his life. Moved by his sincerity, I showed him the Bhagavad gita, wherein I showed him the picture of reincarnation. He was so drawn by it and expressed how it resonated with him. He gave some more donation and took the gita and mantra beads. I requested him to chant japa daily but I do not know if he will. He just did not want to leave from the door and was the last one to leave – I could see that he was ready to cry and didn’t want to leave. Please lets pray that he meets devotees again in his journey. He was describing to me his travels around the world and I wanted to make him realise the lifetimes and different bodies he has travelled through, just to reach these transcendental books.

No comments:

Post a Comment