Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The real tragedy of life

Two friends were walking past and I called out to them and asked if they had heard about yoga. They looked at me in surprise and said yes they were just talking about it. I said well things happen the way they do for a reason and started to ask about their yoga journey. One of them told me he had an accident few months ago and got a herniated disc that kept him bed ridden for 6 months and only now he had started to walk. I asked him this would have given him a lot of time to think about life and he explained how he was trying to work on himself. At this time I pointed that he doesn’t really know who the self is – and if he had lost a leg would he still exist or not? He said yes and so I pointed that he was not the body and showed the picture on reincarnation. His friend too I was showing the path of perfection to and the perfection of yoga. They both asked questions and the one with the accident history took the book. Meanwhile in this conversation a really badly dressed almost drunk man came up and said do you still have the place and I said yes. And he kept saying I need you guys and I need you etc and left smiling complimenting the book. Then I turned my attention back to these two and he decided to take the Bhagavad gita and read it. Then I started to speak with the other guy and he was asking me so many questions about which chapter did the perfection of yoga relate to and doing a comparative analysis between different books. So I asked him if he was a student and he said yes – from UofT and a psychology major and he was wondering how I knew. He took his book and now his girlfriend turned into the scene and I started to show her Srila Prabhupada’s books. By now those two had gone and we got into a serious conversation. She took a small book and started to explain how she too had a psychology degree from University and wanted to touch the lives of people. So I told her how was she going to do that when by feeding people you cant solve the problem of birth and death. She could really understand that and said she would come with her best friend someday. I don’t know if they will come back but all three friends ended up taking a book from Prabhupada.

No comments:

Post a Comment