Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Monday, July 18, 2011

Harinam magic moving hearts


Friday night was Maha Harinam and it was very impromptu decision to go on Bloor Street. I didn't know it at first so I was running late trying to find the Harinam party and Shyama-mohini out of her saintly nature stayed back to help me. When we met HH Bhaktimarga Swami had gone way ahead with the Harinam party so we took a cab to catch up. As we were getting out of the cab i saw a young lady look at the Harinam party so i approached her with Srila Prabhupada's books and she was very appreciative. I asked her if she had heard the Mahamantra before and she said that she had and started to explain how when she was little her mother would sing this mantra to her and she was just overwhelmed. So she took a science of self realization. About 1 hour later, a little away from where we first met, as the Harinam party was returning I saw her there again. She was still spell bound. I walked up to her and started to talk and she simply had tears streaming down her eyes. Right there in the middle of a busy street, she could not explain anything as you could see she was choking up and was having some difficulties in her life. I tried to request her to keep in touch, keep chanting and she gave me her email. The purity of the Harinam just melted her heart and we hope she comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment