Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Monday, July 25, 2011

Sankirtan Connection - every donation counts


I had a few minutes and I was debating whether I should even go out on Sankirtan but then I thought I should try so I went out. As I was walking on the street I saw a young couple walk towards me. I stopped them and showed them a small book. The girl said she knew the book as she had met us at a party. At first I thought she was cooking it up but then as she started to reveal the series of events, I was shocked.

She explained she had met us at the party where we had a stall and taken a book. At that time she had no money but just a multi-coloured plastic bracelet that she gave to my friend Shyama-mohini for the book. The part she didn't know was that when Shyama-mohini returned from the party we had discussed how she should use the bracelet in some way so that that girl gets a benefit. This was aligned with what Vaisesika Prabhu had taught us on his recent visit to use everything that someone offers in Sankirtan for some service. A few months had past since that incident but just yesterday Shyama-mohini had decided to use this bracelt and I had seen it so I recognized it. When this girl started to explain that she gave a bracelet - I immediately connected the two stories and described her bracelet to her (distinct pasta bracelet). She got all excited too and I showed her and her friend another book. I explained how these books take away all miseries of life and they should read it. She told me she didn't have another bracelet to give. Laughing I explained that we also take money. So her boy friend gave a donation for the book. They were both culinary students from Humber College in downtown Toronto and we talked for a while and they said they would come.

Returning back I was thinking of how Krishna is the Ultimate connection. How I met a man a few months ago on Sankirtan who invited us to this party to distribute books, how Shyama-mohini, Radha-mohan and Vrndavan Prabhu spent all night taking the austerity of being at the party and how they met this girl, how Shyama-mohini just decided to use her offering and I once again met her and she got another book. This is just the part of the story we know, we cannot even imagine what else Krishna does to make it all easy for us to connect with him.

BG 7.7: O conqueror of wealth, there is no truth superior to Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment