Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Uncontrolled mind


I met a young man who was walking home and stopped to talk with me when I asked him if he had heard about yoga. He really appreciated the perfection of yoga and was asking several nice questions about monks and yoga. Then he asked me to guess his age and I guessed it pretty close to his real age of 19. He started to explain to me that he was suffering from ulcers and was taking several medicines for that. I was quiet surprised and I asked him to try the Bhagavad Gita to help with ulcers. Explaining to him the picture of the wild horses and uncontrolled mind I explained ulcers would go away if the mind was controlled. He asks the method for mind control and I explained the Hare Krishna mantra. He told me he was an atheist and I said that was perfect because if you are an atheist you must read the Gita. He was doing his engineering and I explained how I too had done that years ago and how people like us should read the Gita and told him by the time he is my age he will be an expert at yoga. He gave a generous donation and said that he would try to come to urbanedgeyoga.

1 comment: