Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Have trouble sleeping ?


I tried to stop this guy who was moving very slowly, almost in a daze. As he stopped he told me he had spoken to me about 1-1.5 years ago. I could not remember it so I honestly told him I am sorry I can’t remember but did you get a book from me. He had got a perfection of yoga and turns out he had browsed it. I tried to give him another book but he refused outright saying he had no money and time to read. I thought I should stop here but instead I asked him why he didn’t have time. He said he had a lot going on but I probed further. Finally he told me his mind is very disturbed and he cant sleep in the night. He had now been prescribed valium and was trying to depend on it for sleeping but it wasn’t helping. Just a few hours ago I was reading about people’s helpless dependence on pills in SB 7.13. 2 “Greedy capitalists accumulate wealth under so many miserable conditions, the result being that because they collect money by questionable means, their minds are always agitated. Thus they are unable to sleep at night, and they have to take pills for mental tranquillity to invite sleep. And sometimes even the pills are a failure. Consequently the result of having accumulated money by so much labor is certainly not happiness, but only distress. What is the value of acquiring a comfortable position if one's mind is always disturbed?”Not knowing what else to do I told him I have a mantra that will help you sleep and its chemical free and will save you a lot of money from valium. He was so interested at the thought of something that can make him sleep so I started teaching him the maha-mantra. I asked him to repeat after me but he said he wanted it written, so I showed the mantra in the intro to Bhagavad gita. I asked him to keep the book and chant the maha mantra 108 times daily and he would sleep in peace. He took the book for a small donation and said he would try.

No comments:

Post a Comment