Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Srila Prabhupada driving sankirtan movement

I was standing at the intersection of Avenue and Davenport when some devotees said we could go to the temple to have prashadam but something in my heart said I should go as its time for my sankirtan service. So I said no and ran across the street. As I crossed the street light, a lady was coming out of the dry cleaners with her little girl. I asked her if she had heard of yoga or meditation and she said yes. I showed her a copy of the Perfection of yoga and she started to mention how she has heard of the Bhagavad gita. She started to appreciate it very much and then explained that she goes to a Svami Narayan temple and practices chanting.Excited to hear that I showed her the Isopanishad and explained how its like a sequel to the Bhagavad gita. While appreciating the Isopanishad she suddenly said she liked Ganesha very much. I told her these books were written by lord Ganesha and dictated by Vyasa deva. She was very happy and then started to tell me how she has another book at home she likes and has read, turned out the other book was science of self realisation.She had got it from a sankirtan devotee in the past. I told her its written by a monk and showed her a picture of Srila Prabhupada, she instantly recognized Prabhupada and said yes yes i have seen him. I was intrigued, seen him where ? She explained the Hare Krishnas were parading on Yonge street and this monk was there and I saw him. She described he was wearing Saffron clothes and said she knew him. Then she opened the other book and read 'His Divine grace' and repeated it several times saying yes i know his divine grace. I understood she saw Srila Prabhupada in the Ratha Yatra - She was happy to give donation for the books and said she would keep in touch. Then as she was leaving i showed her how to chant 'Gauranga' - she left saying Gauranga 3 times and exchanging emails. Srila Prabhupada is personally driving this Sankirtan mission and all demigods are assisting in it

No comments:

Post a Comment