Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Thursday, March 24, 2011

One meeting with a devotee


I was walking back from work and it was really windy. And then I saw a man come out of the grocery store and his whole face was covered by his cap and all you could see were his eyes. I said Hi and asked if he has ever heard of yoga or related things. He said yes and explained how he read a lot and was specially into Tantrik yoga - that was his thing. I told him he should check out the Bhagavad Gita and that would help him. Looking at the Gita he said yes i know about this and I have it. So then I showed him the Isopanishad and Krishna book explaining these were more advanced texts and he was all enthusiastic. We walked into a shop to get some change and thats when I started to explain to him that we have a monk coming in this Sunday for a special program. And I asked him if he had met one before - Much to my surprise he said yes and explained that he was at the temple a few months ago and had seen a tall, white, American monk and heard from him. I asked him if he was wearing white or saffron clothes and he explained it was whitish - we all know who that was - HG Vaisesika Prabhu. All glories to the association of pure devotees that get people back ! He left taking Krishna book, Isopanishad and perfection of yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment