Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A friend from down under


Walking down the street at Yonge and Dundas I met this very tall guy, he looked really lost and I started to speak with him about our books and showed him a small perfection of yoga. He appreciated the book but he was still lost so I asked him who he was and where was he from. He said he was from Canberra Australia and we got talking right away about my last trip to Canberra and his travels. Then he said maybe I should ask you a question as you seem to have materialized out of nowhere. I encouraged him to speak and he told me he is supposed to leave for France in a day and he has just fallen in love with someone. I asked him what was the problem so he said he has to choose between two very beautiful women and he has barely anytime and they are both so similar and he is at a junction. I was thinking he is so distressed how best to present the Bhagavad gita so I said – well you just haven’t met two people you have met a third person. He was confused and then I explained how these books are not from this world, they come from another dimension. I was remembering Prabhupada saying that we should present philosophy seriously and the books will sell on their own merit. So I showed him the picture in Bhagavad gita with three modes and explained to him how karma acts and how these books stop through Karma. I told him how he was too emotional right now and he should take Bhagavad Gita and read the introduction which is 30 pages and then he will clear his mind and know what to do. He told me he will walk down the street, grab a beer in a pub nearby and read the Bhagavad gita introduction. He wanted to learn a mantra and so I explained the Hare Krishna maha-mantra and (it struck me as I was talking to him) explained to him how he was confused between 2 beautiful women but Krishna is the most beautiful personality of all. I sincerely pray that he reads the Bhagavad gita as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment