Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A rescheduled flight or Krishna's arrangement


I was sitting at the airport thinking about how I was missing the opportunity to distribute books, I had books in my bag but did not know what to do. I was also working on something that required me to reach out to High schools and was wondering how to get some feedback from someone who is in high school. Suddenly around that time a big man stopped by and asked me if he could share the power point and I said sure. I thought I should try to give him a book but not knowing how I thought I will just take out the Bhagavad gita and let it do the rest as I don’t know what to do. As soon as I kept the Gita on the chair between us, he asked me if he could play his DVD and I said sure I will put my ‘meditation’ tapes – it was a hint but he did not take it L so then he played this aerobic type dvd and was doing some moves siting on chair. So I asked him if he was doing aerobics and he said no he was training cheer leaders. So i asked him if he ever tried Yoga to help them and he said he appreciated it. And then on his own he pointed to the Bhagavad Gita and expressed how he liked trying these. I immediately handed him the Gita and asked him to try it out. We opened it up and he read some sanskrit and checked out pictures and read comments at the back. He was really appreciating so i asked him what he did - turns out he was teaching High school kids. So i thought it was time to give him devotional service - as I was working on some events for high school students. So we discussed the event titles and what would work well. As he was leaving I asked him to chant Gauranga and he repeated it after me. Having repeated it he was so happy and said he would go back and teach Gauranga to all his students, read the Bhagavad gita on his fight and give the Bhagavad gita to his daughter.
We don't need to sell Bhagavad Gita - they automatically attract the ones who are meant to get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment