Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Saturday, March 26, 2011

The miracle of association


A few months ago, a day before Inspirit (Nov 2010) I met this young girl in Kensington. Bright eyed and high spirited she immediately took to the Bhagavad gita and even exchanged emails saying she would come to the events. True to her word, she came to both events and sat in front row and attended. She got a Searching for Vedic India and got it signed by Devamrita Swami. I also showed her how to chant and she took Japa beads. Then I didnt hear much from her as she left for Edmonton. I thought a lot about her because she was a sincere soul, she had followed devotees out to the door and paid her respects which is very rare for a first timer. Then a few days ago she emailed me saying she was almost through with Bhagavad Gita and in Toronto - and she said she agreed to meet for juice. Last night she came to Urbanedgeyoga and was just engrossed in kirtan. Over dinner as we started to speak she began to tell me about her journey. She told me that reading the Bhagavad gita she had become vegetarian - she asked me does she have to give up fish too ? Then she told me about how one time she got stuck in a bad fight with someone she didnt want to be a part of - not knowing what to do she just started to chant the maha mantra and found herself in peace. I was shocked at the spontaneous change in her heart, she is just a 23 year old alone without any association - but she has Srila Prabhupada through the Bhagavad gita and it worked the magic. Then i told her you should start chanting - she said she already did. This was when i almost fell over - i asked her how - she told me how when she came to Urbanedgeyoga for the first event and was asked to start chanting - she had been chanting 1 round since then daily ! All glories to Srila Prabhupada and his sankirtan movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment