Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Magic from the Palace of Gold


I met this 21 year old boy standing outside Urbanedgeyoga and showed him the perfection of yoga. He was speaking about how he is interested in Budhism etc and I showed him a picture of Srila Prabhupada explaining how he is a monk. Seeing Srila Prabhupada’s picture he immediately recognized and asked if this was the same person who had a shrine in West Virginia. I was quiet shocked and asked him how he knew about it. He explained how he was interested in the Hare Krishnas and had followed his friends to the farm once. I showed him the Bhagavad gita and he read off the mantras. He was very interested in the philosophy and I asked him to try out the Bhagavad gita – he was super interested and took a small book. I taught him how to say Gauranga and explained it meant be happy – he looked smiling and said he would practice it and come back. This is the email he sent me :
hello mangalarti. just got home and received this email. i did a bit of browsing through the book you gave me and i am certainly going to give it a read. its funny that i recognized the photo of srila prabhupada from his replica in west virgina. whats the proper name for the temple? anyways talk to you soon and gauranga!

No comments:

Post a Comment