Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

No More Steak!


The evening started on a low note with some disturbing conversations. However Lord Chaitanya really wanted his way! A couple of very pleasant encounters happened, and while Vraja (My sankirtan partner for the evening) and I were discussing how we should probably wrap up and head back in 15 minutes, I noticed a car that stopped in front of us. The people appeared friendly, so I approached them "Hi, we're having a yoga festival". To this, one of the guys (Peter) replied, yes I got one from you the other day and you also gave me a book! Embarrassed, I apologized. However, he gave the flyer to this other friend (Anthony) who was accompanying him for dinner. Anthony got into some serious thought and started to ask about the books. He then asked me if there was anything about KARMA! I said certainly, and showed him the Bhagavad Gita. However the size of the book scared him, and he preferred to read something simple. I ran up to the centre and fetched for him a Coming Back. On my way down, I felt this unknown urge to try and give him the Bhagavad Gita. So I again tried to push it, however he was adamant and wanted some small books. After some discussion, he took one copy of all of the small books I had and gave a kind donation.


We then got into a conversation, somehow Anthony opened Coming Back to the page of the above image and his expressions completely changed. He said he was scared...and upon asking he revealed how he had been haunted by a dream since he was 3 yrs old which had a similar channel and an old man pushing him down. I told him how it could have been his previous lives' impressions. We then got in to the discussion on Karma, next life and more...while talking he casually took the Bhagavad Gita from my hand and started to read through the book. He came across the images and the one of KARMA really struck him. There and then he said : No More Steak!. He read on, and was visibly attracted to the book. He asked me more stuff, about Karma, reincarnation...and also if he could eat fish! Eventually, he just took the book and offered a kind donation for it as well. We exchanged contact info, and Anthony is eager to stay in touch. All 4 of us parted as good friends would, with Anthony proclaiming - No more steak!


It appeared miraculous, but Sri Hari certainly has His own plan...how Peter remembered meeting me, and encouraged his friend to speak with me...How Anthony had this dream about the reincarnation picture...and How just one look at Srila Prabhupada's work convinced him for life!

Param Vijayate Sri Krsna Sankirtanam

1 comment:

  1. wow, Shyama! that's incredible! Mahaprabhu definitely sends ripe fruits to His sincere servants who want to serve. Thank you for the inspiration and please keep sharing these wonderful stories!

    ReplyDelete