Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Monday, April 26, 2010

AtitaVancha - Krishna who fulfils your desires beyond expectations


A quick attempt at flyering a little bit on tuesday took place. The response was not as favorable as some other times, but keeping in mind the role of just "being there" I persisted. After sometime I saw this very simple yet intelligent looking person, I approached him - "we're having a yoga festival" to which he very politely replied " I am not from toronto". I then offered him a Perfection of Yoga as a present from Toronto. I enquired where he was from, and learnt that he was visiting a Neurology conference all the way from Switzerland! He was a little bit into yoga and meditation and was very happy to receive the book. He did not have change for donation, so instead of brushing me aside, he actually took the time to go inside the Seven Eleven Store and get some change. Touched by his sincerity I offered him another book and he graciously accepted. He then asked me about some restaurant of which I admitted to have no idea. As soon as we parted ways, I felt guilty at not having offered him prasad or inviting him to the centre. I felt like running behind him and stopping him, but he had left. The entire evening I was caught up in guilt and wished he would return.


On thursday, while the cooking class was going on, my wonderful husband was distributing flyers and books downstairs from Urban Edge Yoga. Where unknown to him, he met my friend from Switzerland. Upon talking further, he realized this was the same guy I had talked about...this time he invited him to come up... The cooking class had almost wrapped up and I was more than delighted to have met my Swiss Friend again...He not only came in, he had prasad (lots of it), and gave another donation...only to part with another book and a bag of goodies for his trip! He was very happy to have met us and left us his address, offering us to be his guests in Bern.


It was a special feeling of reciprocation. Krsna the master of mystics had yet again fulfilled my seemingly simple desire, beyond all my expectations!

No comments:

Post a Comment