Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Never know ... who you'll meet!


Submitted by:- Mangal Arti dd
I was at the corner of Bloor and Spadina but there weren't many people on the street. Suddenly, I saw a man with very long hair on a bike at the traffic light was about to drive off. I thought well why not - so i ran up to him and asked if he had heard about yoga and meditation. I was thinking he would call me crazy but he stopped and looked at the book, I was pushing in his direction. As he saw Srila Prabhupada's name - he looked at me and said 'I have books from Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada - are you Hare Krishna?'. My joy had no bounds and I said yes i am hare krishna. How do you know Srila Prabhupada. He explained to me that he used to go to the ISKCON temple in Mexico where he had even tasted prasad. His copy of Bhagavad Gita was back in Mexico and he didn't know devotees here. I showed him Urban Edge Yoga and invited him to our sessions. As he was buying the Bhagavad Gita from me he said he was starving and if he could get some prasad. I was so apologetic but then i remembered some super duper mini muffins in the cookie jar, upstairs. So i ran up and got him some muffins packed in a zip lock. He said he would comeback...

No comments:

Post a Comment