Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cab Again...

I was having a not so pleasant day, and certainly was not enthused enough to attempt Sankirtan. As I hailed a cab on the way to Urban Edge Yoga, the cab driver greeted me with such a warm hello and started to speak. He asked me where I was going, I told him I was going to Urban Edge Yoga. He said yoga was not for him...he practices some rigourous excercises. The conversation went on and he told me how he liked reading about history - that was my cue. I asked him if he had read the bhagavad gita. He said he had heard about it, and would certainly like to read about it as well. As we turned towards UEY, I asked him if he could wait he certainly did, while my very kind husband ran up to the centre to fetch a hardbound Bhagavad Gita. Although Francesco (the driver) did not have enough money, he very eagerly gave me off all my cab-fare and grabbed several UEY cards for his customers as well....

So today was another start - cab sankirtan multiplies...Perhaps somewhere, Francesco is sharing something about Bhagavad Gita or UEY with one of his customers...

Param Vijayate Sri Krsna Sankirtanam

1 comment: