Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Intoxication interrupted

We were at Eaton centre and battling the cold. It was hard to stop anyone and that’s when I saw a man who was smoking. I asked him about yoga and he said he wasn't going to do yoga. When I inquired further he said he believes in dope to get higher and so yoga did not fit in. Not knowing what to say i said ' Wow - so that’s your thing' and handed him a chant and be happy. The lecture I was hearing in the morning went into 'Auto Play' in my mind and I remembered how 'staying high forever' was an old punch line we used. So I tried to talk to him but he was saying 'I only take marijuana'. I once again tried to be positive and asked him what happens the day after and he told me he felt sick. So I explained that the Chant and be happy would help him 'stay high forever' and never feel sick. He got very interested and immediately gave some laxmi.

It was like the day for intoxicated people. Soon after I met a guy who was carrying a whole box of alcohol and slowed down to talk to me. When I showed him the book - he asked me how much it was and pulled out some laxmi. As he gave me laxmi he said 'I am feeling generous today' and off he walked with book and a bag of alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment