Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Why not just be there?


This last MSF (Monthly Sankirtan Festival) was a little magical. I met several people who by themselves just wanted the books...I did not have to go much beyond, "Hi, are you interested in yoga", and they would just get attracted to these windows of the spiritual world!

I remember one such girl I met, she very eagerly took several books with her and gave a more than kind donation. Afterwards I wrote back to her, and her reply completely convinced me of how we just need to be there! So many people around the world are searching for Krishna...and Krishna will arrange for them to come in contact with Him. If we're standing on the way, we may get the credit...so why not just be there!


Hi Shyama! Yes I've been looking at them. I especially like the The Perfection of Yoga book. I think I may have to read it a couple times to make sure I understand the message properly though. Thank you very much for introducing me to them. I also checked out the Urban Edge Yoga website. I think I may sign up for a meditation class soon. It's funny. The night before I met you I was telling my boyfriend that I wanted to learn more about yoga. I was feeling pretty frustrated with, you know, life, goals and decisions...and I felt like I needed to do something to help me shake off the self-destructive negative moods I sometimes get in. And then the next day, there you guys are. When I told him that I met you he smiled and told me that our minds are powerful and I should be mindful of what I focus my thoughts on because I may attract it to me. lol. In this case, I am very happy to meet you and hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment