Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Now I know why we came here!


The ecstacy of the Beatles Festival in Orillia was ruling over the assembled devotees. Smiles, singing and dancing dominated the scene. When we took a break for prasad, I was serving to ensure we had enough prasad. Suddenly, I saw a little girl staring at some of our books. I went up to her and offered her a cookie. Surprisingly she denied saying I dont really like cookies. To this cute comment her mother and I struck a conversation. Soon I showed her the Chant and Be Happy book. As soon as she saw the book, she had goosebumps! This was the first time I had seen someone feel such power. Immediately I introduced her to the concept of chanting, and showed her some beads...which she eagerly accepted. We took a picture together with the beatles background of "Chant & Be Happy". As we exchanged emails she told me that they were from Missisauga travelling to Hunstville and just stopped here for gas...she exclaimed "Now I know why we came here". We parted to stay in touch...as very good friends would!

No comments:

Post a Comment