Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Friday, September 16, 2011

A second meeting


A few months ago I met three girls during the Pride parade in Toronto. One of them was aware of the Krishna book and had read it before. They were really young and in high school but all three of them very enthusiastically took a book each. Today at Ryerson University I met one of them again and she started to talk to me. She was surprised I remembered and I was too. She was so excited to meet me again because she had already read the Bhakti yoga she had bought. She said she liked it very much and it was a very refreshing read. She and her friend wanted to come see us and were surprised to run into me. I told her if she read the Bhakti yoga then she should read the Bhagavad Gita. I explained some of the pictures in there. While she really appreciated the pictures she said she didn’t have money. I kept on showing her and then she said she had just 5 dollars to buy a text book from someone but that other person was late. So she gave me the text book money and said she would come for the gita discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment