Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bhagavad Gita to Krishna book

I a few months ago, early spring, I met a young man in Kensington and he was very keen to hear about spiritual knowledge. I showed him the picture about the 5 horses, each representing a sense and how the mind is dragged around with these senses. He really liked that picture and he took the Bhagavad gita at that time. When invited to Bhakti Lounge he said he was too busy with work as he had really bad working hours. So a few months passed and then again I saw him yesterday at Kensington market and luckily I recognized him and we started to talk. I asked him if he had read the Bhagavad-Gita and he said he had read about 40 percent of it and it was a little hard to understand but he was getting it slowly. I inquired if he had a question and surprisingly he did have a question – he inquired as to why the Gita says that the intelligence can control the mind. So I tried my best to explain it him and asked him if he could visit us. He had a tough job for past 12 years where he works in the mental health department of the hospital and his shift is from 6 to 12 pm. So I gave him the Krishna book, showed all the beautiful pictures that he admired and requested him for a donation. He left with a Krishna book and send me this text message: Hello there its Joseph, it was nice to see you again! I wish I could come to one of the sessions because the few minutes I spent with you today was very educational. Thank you for the Krsna book. I have started to read it at work!! Have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment