Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Saturday, June 4, 2011

A transcendental journey

As I was trying to talk with different people I saw this man come up and his t-shirt read ‘need less, be more’...so I said – Hey I like your T-shirt, you are a spiritual seeker or what. He kind of smiled and even though his friend moved on he stayed and started to talk. As I showed him the perfection of yoga he told me he already had it. Curious I inquired where you got it from. He said a few months ago he was travelling in Johannesburg and he had met someone giving out books on the street and he had got the book from him. He explained that later he got invited to a Kindered spirit concert and he went with them for Kirtan. I asked him if he had the Bhagavad gita and turned out he had got that too from sankirtan devotees. By now he was already holding nectar of Instruction and I also handed him a Krishna book saying if he had the Bhagavad gita then he should have the Krishna book too as they go hand in hand. Showed him all the pictures that he greatly admired and gave a donation for both the books. He seemed like such a ripe fruit so I wanted to invite him to Urbanedgeyoga for the special programs. To my surprise he told me he was leaving for Italy in 1-2 hours and would not be back until August. I showed him the address for Italy and asked him if he could chant japa while he was away. He told me he had mantra beads but he did not know how to chant. So I took him to a shaded area at the corner of street and showed him how to hold the beads and chant – we chanted the maha mantra a few times and then I requested him to chant at least one round a day through his travels and keep in touch. I was remembering how I too on my last evening out of India, had received a Krishna book from a devotee. Little did I know where it would truly take me?

No comments:

Post a Comment