Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Saturday, June 11, 2011

An early start to sankirtan

I saw this young lady with really long dreadlocks and interesting dots and tatoos - she stopped and started to look at the Books and ask questions. She really related to the reincarnation picture too and then she told me about her and her boy friend's passion with spirituality. So I showed her the bhagavad Gita that she deeply appreciated. While she was looking I tried to hand a perfection of yoga to het friend who immediately backed off saying I had talked to him before and he is not into spirituality and would not take it. So I didn't push him but me and this warm girl continued our discussion. So she decided to take the Gita and gave me a donation. Now I started to think of how to engage her in some service and somehow Krishna inspired from within and I asked her to give a book to her friend. So she took the perfection of yoga from me and started convincing her friend to take it- he was determined not to take it and she to convince him - her sankirtan spirit was coming alive and then she told him to take it if the past few hours of their conversation meant something to him. Ultimately he started to give in and I told her to ask him for a donation of even 1 c- he started to laugh and tell me I am a good sales person - I laughed it off but that young girl ended up selling the perfection of yoga to the young man. Her sankirtan career just started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment